Saturday, March 28, 2009

The waiting game

This morning Everett's x-ray looked worse. The surgeons that were here decided not to place a
chest tube, but insert a needle where the fluid was and draw it off. They drew 4 ounces of fluid off from around his right lung. The surgeon said that with that much fluid around it his lung was probably around 40% collapsed. Since having this done he is off of oxygen and his oxygen levels are pretty good. He is definitely feeling better. Now we just have to wait and see what the next x-rays show. If the fluid doesn't reaccumulate we'll be heading back to Honey Grove until his next post-op appointment. If it does he will have a chest tube placed.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw - what a handsome little guy! you guys are always always in my prayers... I hope to hear good news soon... thanks for posting this up and letting us know how E is doing... mucho love to E and you two. -jkwak

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

Anonymous said...

Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!